Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Game: on.

For now...  It is supposed to be around 30 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny in Hamilton, Ontario this coming Sunday.  I can work with that.  My nerves are currently in a hotly contested race with my IT band for my attention.  This past Saturday I went for a 9.5 mile run, and I forgot to wear my IT band band.  I finished the run solidly and without limping, but the band is still sore to the point of notice-ability.  So there's that...

This all being so new to me, I am torn between wanting to run this week and wanting to not run so as to not further aggravate my leg/knee/tendon thang.  Does this sort of thing get easier with experience?  Perhaps I really and truly am not meant to run long distances, but that is not something I can accept yet.  So, on we go to Ontario!  Can't wait.  I also can NOT WAIT until I move to Colorado and can start trail running.  As much fun as trotting all along suburban sidewalks and streets is...  I am anxious to be able to literally run up a mountain.  After acclimatization, naturally.  But that is a post for another day.  Right on.  Running more; thinking less!

No comments:

Post a Comment